IE0: Immersion Event for the Accidental/Junior DBA
Bellevue, WA, US: September 30 – October 2, 2013
Special Pricing! See below for a two-for-one offer and special pricing for past Immersion Event attendees.
The performance and reliability of line-of-business applications typically relies on a relational database management system (RDBMS) like SQL Server for data storage. This makes SQL Server one of the most important, but often most neglected parts of a business infrastructure. In this three-day course you will learn the basic information necessary to successfully install, configure, and administer SQL Server to ease manageability, maximize performance, and minimize the risk of data loss.
This course will help you learn how to keep the lights on so that SQL Server meets the business requirements for availability and performance, and is especially suited to:
- A server administrator that has to maintain SQL Server as a part of the infrastructure
- An administrator for a line-of-business application such as SharePoint, Microsoft CRM, Great Plains, Dynamics, or Biztalk
- An administrator for one or many non-Microsoft systems that rely on SQL Server
- A junior DBA just getting started with SQL Server
As an Accidental DBA, Involuntary DBA, or any other acronym that you want to apply to your current role that requires you to manage SQL Server, the responsibility for maintaining SQL Server properly is what the business expects from your current role. We’ll show you how to proactively manage SQL Server and prevent problems based on our own real-world client experiences diagnosing line of business applications that rely on SQL Server.
For a detailed agenda click HERE.
If you need help justifying training to your organization, we can help you:
- Letter to your boss explaining why SQLskills training is worthwhile
- Community blog posts about our classes
- Immersion Event FAQ
- Class will run from 8:30am – 5:45pm Monday and Tuesday, and 8:30am – 5pm on Wednesday
- Detailed agenda:
- 7:45am Breakfast
- 8:30am Class begins
- 9:45am 15-minute break
- 11:15am 15 minute break
- 12:30pm Lunch break
- 1:30pm Class resumes
- 2:45pm 15-minute break with dessert
- 4:15pm 15-minute break
- 5:45pm Class ends
- For those of you planning air travel and departure times after the class completion on Thursday, our general recommendation is for you to purchase tickets with departures no earlier than 8:00pm. However, each city/location may be a little different. Consider contacting the hotel (or the hotel’s website) for more specific insight into travel times and specific travel options to the airport.
- Evening events:
- First day: “Meet-n-Greet” in the bar. We’ll open a tab and pick up the first round so we can get to know each other better and wind down from the first day.
- You will receive printed materials for all of the lecture content. Additionally, after the event ends, we will provide all possible classroom demo content and electronic whiteboard slides on our website as a zip file.
- Also included in your registration fee are coffee, breakfast, snacks and lunch. On the registration page, please let us know if you are vegetarian (other dietary requirements are your own responsibility).
- Class size is limited to 36 students.
- The Immersion Event will be held in the Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown.
- This hotel is very close to downtown and is in an area packed with restaurants, shopping, and entertainment, including the famous Tap House Grill and Bellevue Square!
- The hotel has a special rate of $166/night for the September events:
- The hotel rate includes wireless internet access for the entire stay.
- Full American breakfast during the Immersion Event will be served as part of class from 7:45am until 8:30am. Class begins at 8:30am.
Transportation from/to SeaTac Airport:
- Shuttle Express: “share ride (multi-person vans)” exclusive service and town car service: details here. Price is ~$39 each way.
- Taxi: these are available on the 3rd floor of the parking garage at SeaTac. This is the building just outside the terminal after baggage claim. Take the escalators up to the walkway and then an elevator down to the 3rd floor. Estimated price is ~$50 each way.
- Bus: There’s a main bus station in Bellevue only 2 blocks from the hotel. Price is ~$5 each way and there’s a direct express bus every 30 mins to/from the airport. Details can be found here.
- Rental car: A rental car really isn’t necessary unless you want to venture out pre/post the event. However, if you do there’s a Hertz rental car location in Bellevue very close to the Marriott. For more transportation details see this link from the Marriott site. Please note that hotel guests are charged $10 per day for overnight parking. This hotel does not offer valet parking.
- Full price for the Immersion Event is US$2,245.
- Early-bird rate is US$1,945 for registrations received before midnight PST Friday August 16th, 2013
Special Pricing Options!
- Buy-one-get-one-free: For each class registration at the early-bird/full price, you get one for free so you can bring a colleague. We’ll contact you after your registration to let you know how to sign up for the free registration.
- Past attendee price: If you’ve attended an Immersion Event in the past, you can register any time for 75% of the full price ($1,675). Please contact us for instructions. These registrations are not eligible for the buy-one-get-one-free offer above.
- Cancellations prior to September 1st 2013: fully-refunded minus $100 administration fee and any applicable credit-card processing charges.
- Cancellations from September 2nd, 2013 to September 16th, 2013 inclusive (PST): 50% cancellation charge.
- Cancellations from September 17th, 2013 (PST) onwards: 100% cancellation charge.
Click HERE to go to our events registration page.
If you have any questions, please contact us.