As Paul announced last week, SQLskills has revamped the previous IE1 and IE2 classes to focus even more on performance tuning and optimization. If you are interested in how to select and configure database hardware for various workloads as well as how to configure your operating system and SQL Server for the best performance and scalability, you should consider attending my IEHW class in Chicago on October 9-10, 2014.
This is the schedule for the next round of SQLskills training classes:
2014 Immersion Events
- October 6-8, 2014: IE0: Immersion Event for the Accidental/Junior DBA
- October 9-10, 2014: IEHW: Immersion Event on SQL Server Hardware
- October 6-10, 2014: IEPTO1: Immersion Event on Performance Tuning and Optimization – Part 1 (formerly IE1)
- October 13-17, 2014: IEPTO2: Immersion Event on Performance Tuning and Optimization – Part 2 (formerly IE2)
See here for the main Immersion Event Calendar page that allows you to drill through to each class for more details and registration links.
Special Pricing Options and Referrals
- Past attendee price: If you’ve attended an Immersion Event in the past, you can register any time for 75% of the full price ($1,099). Please contact us for instructions.
- Refer someone: If you know someone who would benefit from this class, refer them to us and when they register, we’ll give you a $50 Amazon gift card. They or you just need to let us know you’re referring them, and when they register, we’ll match them to your referral and send you the gift card.
This year our Fall SQLintersection conference will be the week of November 10th in Las Vegas. See here for details. Don’t forget to use the discount code “SQLskills” (without the quotes and it isn’t case-sensitive) and you can save $50 off registration! I hope to see you there!