IEHW: Immersion Event on SQL Server Hardware
Bellevue, WA, US: September 18-19, 2013
Special Pricing! See below for a two-for-one offer and special pricing for past Immersion Event attendees.
This two-day SQL Server hardware training class explains the core fundamentals and deeper details of database server hardware and storage subsystems for SQL Server database professionals. Many database professionals are unfamiliar with the details and nuances of modern server hardware and storage subsystems, while many server and storage administrators are unfamiliar with the specific workload demands of a SQL Server database server.
Attendees of this class will learn how to analyze, select, and size their server hardware and storage subsystems for different types of SQL Server workloads in order to get the best performance and scalability while minimizing their SQL Server license costs.
This class also covers how to properly configure and benchmark your database server hardware and storage subsystems, along with how to properly install and configure the operating system and SQL Server for the best performance and reliability. The class will show you how to diagnose and troubleshoot hardware and storage related performance issues, and will include coverage of how virtualization interacts with your database server hardware and storage subsystem.
For a detailed agenda click HERE.
If you need help justifying training to your organization, we can help you:
- Letter to your boss explaining why SQLskills training is worthwhile
- Community blog posts about our classes
- Immersion Event FAQ
- Instructor: Glenn Berry.
- Class will run from 8:30am – 5:45pm
- Detailed agenda:
- 7:45am Breakfast
- 8:30am Class begins
- 9:45am 15-minute break
- 11:15am 15 minute break
- 12:30pm Lunch break
- 1:30pm Class resumes
- 2:45pm 15-minute break with dessert
- 4:15pm 15-minute break
- 5:45pm Class ends
- For those of you planning air travel and departure times after the class completion on Thursday, our general recommendation is for you to purchase tickets with departures no earlier than 8:00pm. However, each city/location may be a little different. Consider contacting the hotel (or the hotel’s website) for more specific insight into travel times and specific travel options to the airport.
- Evening events:
- First day: “Meet-n-Greet” in the bar. We’ll open a tab and pick up the first round so we can get to know each other better and wind down from the first day.
- You will receive printed materials for all of the lecture content. Additionally, after the event ends, we will provide all possible classroom demo content and electronic whiteboard slides on our website as a zip file.
- Also included in your registration fee are coffee, breakfast, snacks and lunch. On the registration page, please let us know if you are vegetarian (other dietary requirements are your own responsibility).
- Class size is limited to 36 students.
- The Immersion Event will be held in the Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown.
- This hotel is very close to downtown and is in an area packed with restaurants, shopping, and entertainment, including the famous Tap House Grill and Bellevue Square!
- The hotel has a special rate of $166/night for the September events:
- The hotel rate includes wireless internet access for the entire stay.
- Full American breakfast during the Immersion Event will be served as part of class from 7:45am until 8:30am. Class begins at 8:30am.
Transportation from/to SeaTac Airport:
- Shuttle Express: “share ride (multi-person vans)” exclusive service and town car service: details here. Price is ~$39 each way.
- Taxi: these are available on the 3rd floor of the parking garage at SeaTac. This is the building just outside the terminal after baggage claim. Take the escalators up to the walkway and then an elevator down to the 3rd floor. Estimated price is ~$50 each way.
- Bus: There’s a main bus station in Bellevue only 2 blocks from the hotel. Price is ~$5 each way and there’s a direct express bus every 30 mins to/from the airport. Details can be found here.
- Rental car: A rental car really isn’t necessary unless you want to venture out pre/post the event. However, if you do there’s a Hertz rental car location in Bellevue very close to the Marriott. For more transportation details see this link from the Marriott site. Please note that hotel guests are charged $10 per day for overnight parking. This hotel does not offer valet parking.
- Full price for the Immersion Event is US$1,495.
- Early-bird rate is US$1,295 for registrations received before midnight PST Friday August 2nd, 2013
Special Pricing Options!
- Buy-one-get-one-free: For each class registration at the early-bird/full price, you get one for free so you can bring a colleague. We’ll contact you after your registration to let you know how to sign up for the free registration.
- Past attendee price: If you’ve attended an Immersion Event in the past, you can register any time for 75% of the full price ($1,099). Please contact us for instructions. These registrations are not eligible for the buy-one-get-one-free offer above.
- Cancellations prior to August 16th, 2013: fully-refunded minus $100 administration fee and any applicable credit-card processing charges.
- Cancellations from August 17th, 2013 to August 31st, 2013 inclusive (PST): 50% cancellation charge.
- Cancellations from September 1st, 2013 to September 17th, 2013 inclusive (PST): 100% cancellation charge.
Click HERE to go to our events registration page.
If you have any questions, please contact us.