IE0: Immersion Event for the Accidental/Junior DBA
Live Online: September 14-17 plus 21-24, 2020
The performance and reliability of line-of-business applications typically relies on a relational database management system (RDBMS) like SQL Server for data storage. This makes SQL Server one of the most important, but often most neglected parts of a business infrastructure. In this three-day course you will learn the basic information necessary to successfully install, configure, and administer SQL Server to ease manageability, maximize performance, and minimize the risk of data loss.
This course will help you learn how to keep the lights on so that SQL Server meets the business requirements for availability and performance, and is especially suited to:
- A server administrator that has to maintain SQL Server as a part of the infrastructure
- An administrator for a line-of-business application such as SharePoint, Microsoft CRM, Great Plains, Dynamics, or Biztalk
- An administrator for one or many non-Microsoft systems that rely on SQL Server
- A junior DBA just getting started with SQL Server
As an Accidental DBA, Involuntary DBA, Junior DBA, or any other acronym that you want to apply to your current role that requires you to manage SQL Server, the responsibility for maintaining SQL Server properly is what the business expects from your current role. We’ll show you how to proactively manage SQL Server and prevent problems based on our own real-world client experiences diagnosing line of business applications that rely on SQL Server.
This class is delivered live via online streaming over eight half-days so you can still get work done during your day!
For a detailed agenda click HERE.
If you need help justifying training to your organization, we can help you:
- Letter to your boss explaining why SQLskills training is worthwhile
- Community blog posts about our classes
- Immersion Event FAQ
Quotes From Past Attendees:
Listed below are some verbatim quotes from recent attendees of this class:
- “Erin and Jon are very knowledgeable and make the class fun. I hope to take more classes in the near future!”
- “Extremely pleased with the course. FAR exceeded my expectations.”
- “Kudos to Jon and Erin . The did a great job! I really liked the tag team approach. Keeps it from getting stale.”
- “Well worth the time and expense to attend. Would highly recommend this to others.”
- “I though this was extremely worthwhile. I have been a DBA for a few years and this was a great refresher for a lot of things I don’t do very often but should.”
- “Found class extremely helpful and plan to take the next one.”
- “Great course – very informative – very great instructors – I am sure to be back!”
- “I was familiar with all of the topics in this course, but barely understood most. I feel I will be able to begin to do all of the things I need to take simpler tasks from our DBAs to allow them to focus on the more advanced tasks. That was exactly my goal for taking this class.”
- “Great course. Good new info for me, plus refresher on other info. Thanks!”
- “Both Erin and Jon have a vast knowledge of not only SQL Server & tools, but also effective presentation.”
- “Thanks for taking the time to better my knowledge of SQL and allow me to better my career.”
- The class will be streamed live through eight WebEx meetings and you will receive an email invitation to the meetings a few days before the class. You will be prompted to download the streaming application when connecting to the first meeting. Note: your name may appear on the participant list in the event recordings.
- Class will be spread over eight half-days, from Monday, September 14th, 2020 through Thursday, September 17th, 2020, and then from Monday, September 21st, 2020 through Thursday, September 24th, 2020.
- Detailed agenda for each day (all times are in Pacific Daylight Time)
- 9am to 10:30am: morning session
- 10:30am to 11am: morning Q&A
- 11am to 11:30am: break
- 11:30am to 1pm: afternoon session
- 1pm to 2pm: afternoon Q&A
- You will receive a PDF of the lecture content. Additionally, after the event ends, we will provide all possible demo content and any electronic whiteboard slides on our website as a zip file.
- The class will be recorded and you will receive access to the recordings, including all audio and video.
- Full price for the Immersion Event is US$3,295.
- Past attendee price: If you’ve attended an Immersion Event in the past, you can register for the early bird price of US$2,895. Please contact us for instructions.
- Any discount code entered (for instance, for past attendees) will be reflected in the price during registration.
- For general discount information please see the F.A.Q.
- Your class registration can only be canceled up to 1 calendar week before the day the class begins, and the cost will be refunded minus a US$250 administration fee (and 5% credit-card processing charges, where applicable).
- Registrations can be transferred to a colleague to attend the class, up to one day prior to the first meeting and at no cost, as long as we are notified of the new attendee’s name.
- A no-show registration (the attendee does not attend the class) is not eligible for a transfer or refund.
Click HERE to go to our events registration page, and please make sure to select the correct class from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
If you have any questions, please contact us.