IEBISec: Immersion Event on Securing Your BI Platform
Chicago, IL, US: May 3-4, 2018
In 2016, 4.2 billion accounts were exposed in data breaches. This number represents a four-fold increase over the previous record high established in 2013. Most data breaches result from inadequate data security. Have you considered how well your BI development practices protect your data? That job is not limited to the DBA. Everyone who works with data needs to understand the risks and take the appropriate steps to ensure your organization’s data is adequately protected at all times.
The Microsoft BI stack contains multiple tools which each have different security configuration options and inter-dependencies. In this 2-day Level 300 training class, you see specifically how data can be compromised in this stack, learn where the potential risks of a data breach are lurking in your BI solutions, and leave with specific steps you can take to mitigate those risks.
This class starts with an overview of security principles. As the class progresses, we explore the anatomy of an attack on your data component by component. We review the security architecture of each component in the BI stack and highlight vulnerabilities in the architecture that must be addressed to properly secure your BI environment. Furthermore, we explore security by using a multi-tier, multi-layered approach, leaving no stone unturned.
By the end of this class, you’ll understand the relationship across the security settings not only in the BI tools, but also the back-end databases and the Windows operating system. As we examine potential security issues, we show you how to build a security action plan for Integration Services, Analysis Services, and Reporting Services. Is Azure in your environment? We also cover important aspects of cloud security for a BI solution. Come learn how to preserve and protect your data effectively from the inside out.
- DBAs who need to understand and mitigate the security risks of the BI components in the data platform
- BI architects and developers who need to confidently design and build secure BI solutions
For a detailed agenda click HERE.
If you need help justifying training to your organization, we can help you:
- Letter to your boss explaining why SQLskills training is worthwhile
- Community blog posts about our classes
- Immersion Event FAQ
- Instructors: Stacia Varga (click for bio)
- Class will run from 8:30am-5:45pm Thursday and 8:30am-5:00pm on Friday
- Detailed agenda:
- 7:45am Breakfast
- 8:30am Class begins
- 9:45am 15-minute break
- 11:15am 15 minute break
- 12:30pm Lunch break (lunch is provided as part of the class)
- 1:30pm Class resumes
- 2:45pm 15-minute break with dessert
- 4:15pm 15-minute break
- 5:45pm Class ends (5:00pm on Friday)
- For those of you planning air travel and departure times after the class completion on Friday: we do end at 5:00pm on Friday and we use every minute of that schedule, and often we run a few minutes over. For most deliveries we end between 5:00pm and 5:15pm. This depends on questions but I can honestly say that we’ve never ended early. Our general recommendation is for you to purchase tickets with departures no earlier than 8:00pm. However, each city/location may be a little different. Consider contacting the hotel (or the hotel’s website) for more specific insight into travel times and specific travel options to the airport.
- You will receive printed materials for all of the lecture content. Additionally, after the event ends, we will provide all possible classroom demo content and electronic whiteboard slides on our website as a zip file.
- Also included in your registration fee are all-day coffee/tea/soda, full breakfast, snacks and buffet lunch. On the registration page, please let us know if you are vegetarian (other dietary requirements are your own responsibility).
- Class size is limited to 16 students.
- The Immersion Event will be held in the Hilton Suites Chicago/Oak Brook. We’ve held more than fifty Immersion Events here since 2011.
- This hotel is 20 minutes from O’Hare airport and is near a large mall with many amenities.
- The hotel has a special rate for our event, for a two-room suite, of US$134/night.
- Please use the reservation link HERE to access the special rate.
- RESERVE YOUR HOTEL NIGHTS EARLY: SQLskills has a LIMITED number of rooms reserved under our group rate and these usually sell out. Even if you’re waiting to officially register for the class – you might want to get your hotel room setup early (ASAP) to ensure that you get the discounted/group rate and that you’re at the hotel where the event is being held. Most importantly, the earlier you get your hotel reservations confirmed, the easier it is for us to add rooms to our block. Thanks so much for helping us out with this!
- The hotel rate includes:
- Onsite parking.
- Wireless internet access for the entire stay.
- Full breakfast on departure morning.
- Full American breakfast during the Immersion Event will be served as part of class from 7:45am until 8:30am.
- Class begins at 8:30am every day.
- Full price for the Immersion Event is US$1,695.
- Early-bird rate is US$1,495 for registrations received by end-of-day PST Friday, March 2nd, 2018.
- Past attendee price: If you’ve attended an Immersion Event in the past, you can register any time for US$1,345. Please contact us for instructions.
- Any discount code entered (for instance, for past attendees) will be reflected in the price during registration.
- For general discount information please see the F.A.Q.
- Your class registration can only be canceled up to 6 calendar weeks before the day the class begins, and the cost will be refunded minus a US$250 administration fee (and 5% credit-card processing charges, where applicable).
- Registrations can be transferred to a colleague to attend the class the registration is for, at any time and at no cost.
- Registrations can be transferred to a future class at any time before the day the class starts, but for transfers within two weeks of class, there is a US$300 fee to cover our prepaid event costs. Note: A registration cannot be canceled once it has been transferred to a future class.
- A no-show registration (the attendee does not attend the class) is not eligible for a transfer or refund.
Click HERE to go to our events registration page, and please make sure to select the correct class from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
If you have any questions, please contact us.