IECAG: Immersion Event on Clustering and Availability Groups
Live Online: October 6-9, 2020
This 3/400 level SQL Server training class will teach you how to plan for, implement, and maintain AlwaysOn Failover Clustered Instances and AlwaysOn Availability Groups in all applicable versions of SQL Server, using best practices and extensive real-world experience.
The class will start by explaining Windows Server Failover Clustering, which is the basis of both AlwaysOn features in SQL Server; Failover Clustered Instances and Availability Groups. Then each feature will be examined in depth to understand the considerations, requirements, and best practices behind their implementation, so you can build a rock-solid high-availability and/or disaster-recovery strategy for your SQL Server workload.
High Availability is an area that is critical in today’s environment and all DBAs should be able to design and implement an appropriate availability strategy and coordinate a successful recovery after a disaster.
This class is delivered live via online streaming over three-four half-days so you can still get work done during your day!
For a detailed agenda click HERE.
If you need help justifying training to your organization, we can help you:
- Letter to your boss explaining why SQLskills training is worthwhile
- Community blog posts about our classes
- Immersion Event FAQ
- Instructor: Jonathan Kehayias.
- The class will be streamed live through three-four WebEx meetings and you will receive an email invitation to the meetings a few days before the class. You will be prompted to download the streaming application when connecting to the first meeting. Note: your name may appear on the participant list in the event recordings.
- Class will be spread over three half-days, from Tuesday, October 6th, 2020 through Thursday, October 8th, 2020, with a fourth half-day (only if needed) on Friday October 9th, 2020.
- Detailed agenda for each day (all times are in Pacific Daylight Time)
- 9am to 10:30am: morning session
- 10:30am to 11am: morning Q&A
- 11am to 11:30am: break
- 11:30am to 1pm: afternoon session
- 1pm to 2pm: afternoon Q&A
- You will receive a PDF of the lecture content. Additionally, after the event ends, we will provide all possible demo content and any electronic whiteboard slides on our website as a zip file.
- The class will be recorded and you will receive access to the recordings, including all audio and video.
- Full price for the Immersion Event is US$1,695.
- Past attendee price: If you’ve attended an Immersion Event in the past, you can register for the early bird price of US$1,495. Please contact us for instructions.
- Any discount code entered (for instance, for past attendees) will be reflected in the price during registration.
- For general discount information please see the F.A.Q.
- Your class registration can only be canceled up to 1 calendar week before the day the class begins, and the cost will be refunded minus a US$250 administration fee (and 5% credit-card processing charges, where applicable).
- Registrations can be transferred to a colleague to attend the class, up to one day prior to the first meeting and at no cost, as long as we are notified of the new attendee’s name.
- A no-show registration (the attendee does not attend the class) is not eligible for a transfer or refund.
Click HERE to go to our events registration page, and please make sure to select the correct class from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
If you have any questions, please contact us.