IEReporting: Immersion Event on Using and Administering SSRS and Power BI
Chicago, IL, US: Moved to October 21-22, 2020
This 200/300-level, 2-day, reporting training class will help you gain a deep understanding about installing and implementing SQL Server Reporting Services, Power BI Report Server, and Power BI, and will start you on your journey to master the Microsoft Reporting Ecosystem.
We’ll dive into the administration and infrastructure around the various reporting options and you’ll quickly understand the architectures of single and hybrid reporting solutions. You’ll learn various administration task with report scheduling, delivery with data driven subscriptions, how to brand your report website, and scale-out options for high availability and disaster recovery. We’ll also explore the integration options with Office 365 and some of the complexities that you’ll have to overcome and cover the security options and features for securing access to your reports and overall performance monitoring.
A common challenge for many organizations is upgrading an existing reporting environment so you’ll learn various upgrade and migration options available for upgrading SSRS and migrating to Power BI Report Server. With any upgrade or deployment of reporting services, you need to understand your licensing options so we’ll explore how Microsoft licenses the various components.
After covering the infrastructure and administration aspects, we’ll turn our attention to report visualizations, starting by reviewing how you visualize data in the different reporting components and discussing some of the differences with SSRS, mobile reporting, and Power BI. In order to properly visualize your data, you must be able to build proper datasets (models) and for those you need to create data sources, so we’ll cover various data sources and how to properly configure them. We’ll walk through various features that can make your reports pop and catch the attention of your audience. There are so many options available that you can employ to give your end users a rich experience and allow them to drill into the reports for a better experience.
Mobile Report Publisher is something that your organization may be interested in as well so we’ll quickly cover mobile reporting and its current capabilities with various report examples. We’ll then turn our attention to Power BI Report Server and look at additional visualizations and you’ll get to participate in building our first report from the ground up. Finally, you’ll get an overview of Power BI Premium, Power BI embedded and Report Server embedded and you’ll see how each option provides a unique solution and how you can leverage the different options for your organization or customers.
After these two days you’ll leave with a wealth of practical techniques that you can use as soon as you return to the office to start building rich dashboards for your customers and you’ll gain the knowledge to be able to implement a robust Microsoft reporting environment.
For a detailed agenda click HERE.
If you need help justifying training to your organization, we can help you:
- Letter to your boss explaining why SQLskills training is worthwhile
- Community blog posts about our classes
- Immersion Event FAQ
- Instructors: Tim Radney
- Class will run from 8:30am-5:45pm Monday and 8:30am-5:00pm on Tuesday
- Detailed agenda:
- 7:45am Breakfast
- 8:30am Class begins
- 9:45am 15-minute break
- 11:15am 15 minute break
- 12:30pm Lunch break (lunch is provided as part of the class)
- 1:30pm Class resumes
- 2:45pm 15-minute break with dessert
- 4:15pm 15-minute break
- 5:45pm Class ends (5:00pm on Tuesday)
- For those of you planning air travel and departure times after the class completion on Tuesday: we do end at 5:00pm on Tuesday and we use every minute of that schedule, and often we run a few minutes over. For most deliveries we end between 5:00pm and 5:15pm. This depends on questions but I can honestly say that we’ve never ended early. Our general recommendation is for you to purchase tickets with departures no earlier than 8:00pm. However, each city/location may be a little different. Consider contacting the hotel (or the hotel’s website) for more specific insight into travel times and specific travel options to the airport.
- You will receive printed materials for all of the lecture content. Additionally, after the event ends, we will provide all possible classroom demo content and electronic whiteboard slides on our website as a zip file.
- Also included in your registration fee are all-day coffee/tea/soda, full breakfast, snacks and buffet lunch. On the registration page, please let us know if you are vegetarian (other dietary requirements are your own responsibility).
- Class size is limited to 14 students.
- The Immersion Event will be held in the Hilton Suites Chicago/Oak Brook. We’ve held more than sixty Immersion Events here since 2011.
- This hotel is 20 minutes from O’Hare airport and is near a large mall with many amenities.
- The hotel has a special rate of US$134/night for our event, for a two-room suite (all rooms). Please use this link to book your hotel room.
- RESERVE YOUR HOTEL NIGHTS EARLY: SQLskills has a LIMITED number of rooms reserved under our group rate and these usually sell out. Even if you’re waiting to officially register for the class – you might want to get your hotel room setup early (ASAP) to ensure that you get the discounted/group rate and that you’re at the hotel where the event is being held. Most importantly, the earlier you get your hotel reservations confirmed, the easier it is for us to add rooms to our block. Thanks so much for helping us out with this!
- The hotel rate includes:
- Onsite parking.
- Wireless internet access for the entire stay.
- Full breakfast on departure morning.
- Full American breakfast during the Immersion Event will be served as part of class from 7:45am until 8:30am.
- Class begins at 8:30am every day.
- Full price for the Immersion Event is US$1,695.
- Early-bird rate is US$1,595 for registrations received by end-of-day PST Friday, January 24th, 2020.
- Past attendee price: If you’ve attended an Immersion Event in the past, you can register at any time for US$1,495. Please contact us for instructions.
- Any discount code entered (for instance, for past attendees) will be reflected in the price during registration.
- For general discount information please see the F.A.Q.
- Your class registration can only be canceled up to 6 calendar weeks before the day the class begins, and the cost will be refunded minus a US$250 administration fee (and 5% credit-card processing charges, where applicable).
- Registrations can be transferred to a colleague to attend the class the registration is for, at any time and at no cost.
- Registrations can be transferred to a future class at any time before the day the class starts, but for transfers within two weeks of class, there is a US$300 fee to cover our prepaid event costs. Note: A registration cannot be canceled once it has been transferred to a future class.
- A no-show registration (the attendee does not attend the class) is not eligible for a transfer or refund.
Click HERE to go to our events registration page, and please make sure to select the correct class from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
If you have any questions, please contact us.