IEPUM2017: Immersion Event on Planning and Implementing an Upgrade/Migration to SQL Server 2017
Live Online: January 29-31, 2019
Three-Class and Six-Class discount combos available – see below!
This 1-300-level, live, online training class is designed to help you justify, plan, and implement a successful upgrade and migration from a legacy version of SQL Server to SQL Server 2017, with a wealth of practical techniques that you can use as soon as you return to work. Our aim is that you can apply what we teach you to any upgrade and migration situation and justify your solution to your peers, management, or clients (yes, we welcome SQL Server consultants in our classes).
We’ll start by covering license, feature, and performance differences between SQL Server 2017 Standard Edition and SQL Server 2017 Enterprise Edition and you’ll get extremely useful information about new features in SQL Server 2016 and 2017 to help you make the technical and business case for an upgrade. We’ll show detailed information about how to select and configure your hardware and storage to maximize your performance and minimize your SQL Server license costs, whether it is deployed bare-metal on-premises, virtualized on-premises, or in a Windows Azure VM (IaaS).
We’ll next cover how to properly install and configure SQL Server 2017 for the best performance and reliability and explain and demonstrate how to use the Microsoft Data Migration Assistant and the Microsoft Database Experimentation Assistant to help discover issues that could prevent a successful upgrade and migration. Finally, you’ll learn how to plan for the migration to the new instance and the various methods you can use to migrate successfully with minimal downtime and no data loss, plus essential post-migration tasks.
All these topics will be addressed on multiple fronts: with planning and implementation considerations and techniques, common problems, troubleshooting, and multiple demonstrations. By dedicating only 3 half-days of your time for 9 hours of lecture and up to 4.5 hours of open Q&A, this is an amazing ROI while you can still get work done during your day!
This class will cover SQL Server 2005 through SQL Server 2017, and is essential for anyone responsible for upgrading to one of the latest SQL Server versions.
This class is delivered live via online streaming. By dedicating only 3 half-days of your time for 9 hours of lecture and up to 4.5 hours of open Q&A, this is an amazing ROI while you can still get work done during your day!
Instructor: Glenn Berry.
For a detailed agenda click HERE.
If you need help justifying training to your organization, we can help you:
- Letter to your boss explaining why SQLskills training is worthwhile
- Community blog posts about our classes
Select Quotes From Past Attendees of Glenn’s Classes
- “Glenn is always so patient in answering my numerous questions.”
- “Course information was very relevant since we are in the midst of migating our on-premise production environment to the cloud and upgrading to SQL Server 2016 or 2017.”
- “Customers stories were a nice complement to the materials.”
- “Great info for installing from the ground up.”
- The class will be streamed live through three WebEx or GoToMeeting meetings and you will receive an email invitation to the meetings a few days before the class. You will be prompted to download the streaming application when connecting to the first meeting. Note: your name may appear on the participant list in the event recordings.
- Class will be spread over three days, from Tuesday, January 29th, 2019 through Thursday, January 31st, 2019.
- Detailed agenda for each day (all times are in Pacific Standard Time)
- 10am to 11:30am: morning session
- 11:30am to 12pm: morning Q&A
- 12pm to 12:30pm: break
- 12:30pm to 2pm: afternoon session
- 2pm to 3pm: afternoon Q&A
- You will receive a PDF of the lecture content. Additionally, after the event ends, we will provide all possible demo content and any electronic whiteboard slides on our website as a zip file.
- The class will be recorded and you will receive lifetime access to the recordings, including all audio and video.
- Full price for this online Immersion Event is US$699.
- Past attendee price: If you’ve attended an Immersion Event in the past, you can register at any time for US$599. Please contact us for instructions.
- Pick-Any-Three Combo: for $583 per class, you can register for any three of the 2019 Q1 online classes (pick that combo from on the event registration page – see below – and we’ll work with you to select the three classes)
- Pick-All-Six Combo: for $549 per class, you can register for all six 2019 Q1 online classes (pick that combo from on the event registration page – see below)
- Your class registration can only be canceled up to 1 calendar week before the day the class begins, and the cost will be refunded minus a US$50 administration fee (and 5% credit-card processing charges).
- Registrations can be transferred to a colleague to attend the class, up to one day prior to the first meeting and at no cost, as long as we are notified of the new attendee’s name.
- A no-show registration (the attendee does not attend the class) is not eligible for a transfer or refund.
Click HERE to go to our events registration page, and please make sure to select the correct class or combo from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
If you have any questions, please contact us.