I’m at ITForum in Barcelona this week. I’ll be speaking on three topics that are:
1. Completely or almost completely new in SQL Server 2005
2. Take some DBAs a bit out of their comfort zone
If you’ve been avoiding these features until now, its time to take the plunge and let these features help you, rather than avoid them and do without the beneifts they provide. The topics are:
1. XML for DBAs – Showplan, DDL triggers and lots of things other things YOU use are XML.
2. Key Management – this is useful even if you don’t do data encryption. Linked servers and SQL Agent use encryption keys.
3. Service Broker troubleshooting – Event Notifications and Database Mail (among others) use Service Broker.
See you there.