I have made some minor updates and bug fixes for all of my SQL Server Diagnostic Information Queries for this month. I have also added a new version for SQL Server 2014.

Rather than having a separate blog post for each version, I’ll just put the links for all five versions here.

SQL Server 2005 Diagnostic Information Queries              SQL Server 2005 Blank Results

SQL Server 2008 Diagnostic Information Queries              SQL Server 2008 Blank Results

SQL Server 2008 R2 Diagnostic Information Queries         SQL Server 2008 R2 Blank Results

SQL Server 2012 Diagnostic Information Queries              SQL Server 2012 Blank Results

SQL Server 2014 Diagnostic Information Queries              SQL Server 2014 Blank Results

About half of the queries are instance specific and about half are database specific, so you will want to make sure you are connected to a database that you are concerned about instead of the master, system database.

The idea is that you would run each query in the set, one at a time (after reading the directions). You need to click on the top left square of the results grid to select all of the results, and then right-click and select “Copy with Headers” to copy all of the results, including the column headers to the Windows clipboard. Then you paste the results into the matching tab in the spreadsheet. There are also some comments on how to interpret the results after each query.

Note: These queries are stored on Dropbox. I occasionally get reports that the links to the queries and blank results spreadsheets do not work, which is most likely because Dropbox is blocked wherever people are trying to connect.

I also occasionally get reports that some of the queries simply don’t work. This usually turns out to be an issue where people have databases in 80 compatibility mode, which breaks many DMV queries.

Please let me know what you think of these queries. Thanks!