Through the end of July, we’re offering a complete single-instance health-check for a flat fee of US$2,500…
One of the most popular services we provide to new clients is a SQL Server Health Check, whether the new client is a Fortune-25 company or a small company with only a handful of employees. There’s a lot of healthy competition in the SQL Server world to provide this service, but we at SQLskills believe we provide the best value for money, because…
- We automate the data collection process using a minimal-impact diagnostic tool that’s already installed with SQL Server, saving the client time and allowing data collection to be scheduled and handled by the client based on their schedule, rather than requiring many hours of data collection through an interactive online session.
- We have custom data processing tools that we’ve developed that help us to analyze the data, saving the client money.
- We document all our findings, and the report includes advice and justification (and links to deeper explanations) on remediation of each problem found, allowing the client to make the necessary changes on their own or investigate the problem further and plan/implement an appropriate fix. We also have a summary call with the client, allowing them to ask whatever questions they have on the information in the report. And of course, sometimes the client may choose to have us assist with or perform all the remediation work/further investigations – whatever works for them.
- We only charge for the time we use (typically 12 hours or less per instance) rather than locking the client in to a costly, fixed-price engagement, saving the client money.
- Our health check process has been developed and refined over the last 7 years based on the accumulated knowledge and experience of our small team (all Data Platform MVPs with a combined 80+ years of deep SQL Server experience), past client engagements and problems, and is constantly updated based on current trends and issues we see with SQL Server installations. Each of our consultants utilizes an internally-developed checklist of over 130 items that we look for during our health audits to ensure consistency and accuracy across our team, and we routinely review our processes to ensure that the team is current with new checks and findings with each release of SQL Server. Our process is constantly evolving to be more efficient and thorough based on our customer interactions.
- For large environments, we encourage the client to pick representative instances to check, and then extrapolate the results to instances with common configurations, saving the client money.
We do all of this to take the least amount of our client’s time, and provide the best return on their investment, whether for small environments or large corporate data centers. Also, as our audit is engineered to be as efficient as possible, it allows small companies with small I.T. budgets to make use of our services.
Some of the clients we’ve been working with for many years started with a single-instance health check and come back to us a few times per year for help when they need it (and we don’t charge any retainer fee). It’s really fun to get to know our clients, watch how their environments grow and improve, and meet them in our classes and at conferences like SQLintersection.
Back to the point of my blog post… It’s Spring, so it’s time for some Spring Cleaning! Through the end of July, we’re offering new or existing clients a complete single-instance health-check for a flat fee of US$2,500 – that’s more than 1/3 off the usual price for a 12-hour health check. The discount price covers us performing the health check, documenting the results, and a wrap-up conference call or Webex to go over the results.
So no matter what your I.T. budget, you CAN afford to have SQLskills on your team. And if you’re from a large corporation, for US$2,500, you really CAN’T afford to pass up this opportunity!
If you’re interested in working with us, send us an email and we’ll get in touch with you right away.
We look forward to getting to know you and your data team – we promise you won’t be disappointed!