The June SQL Server Magazine articles are now available on the web and include my latest feature article on Advanced BACKUP and RESTORE Options.
Rather than covering how BACKUP and RESTORE work or how to perform common backup/restore operations I decided to show you some of the less commonly used options that can be very helpful. The article covers:
- Verifying backup integrity
- Tail-of-the-log backups
- Using BUFFERCOUNT and MAXTRANSFERSIZE to tune backup performance
- Piecemeal and PARTIAL restores
- Using marked transactions and STOPATMARK and STOPBEFOREMARK
- Restarting an interrupted restore operation
You can get to the article HERE (no login required).