He decided that he would get other Microsoft Regional Directors together to discuss (and record) interesting topics for just 10 minutes (of course, some of us went over… SORRY!). We could pick anything we wanted and then he would – with the help of a few other RDs such as Scott Golightly, Patrick “Beach Master” Hynds, Kate Gregory, and J. Michael Palermo - record our sessions to later edit and post on the GrokTalk site.
So, after A LOT OF HARD WORK – they’re done! All 35 of the GrokTalks are posted and you can find them on the GrokTalk site: http://www.groktalk.net/
Finally, since I delivered a GrokTalk on Stored Procedures, I’m going to make sure that you have a comprehensive set of resources related to stored procedure optimizations here:
- GrokTalk: Optimizing Procedural Code: Stored Procedure Recompilations
- Sample Database: Credit Database (48MB zip) for reproducing demos
- Demo Scripts: GrokTalk Demo Scripts
- Blog Entry: Stored Procedure Parameters Giving you Grief in a multi-purpose procedure?
- Blog Entry: Stored Procedures are NOT evil…but they can be frustrating!
- Whitepaper by Arun Marathe: Batch Compilation, Recompilation, and Plan Caching Issues in SQL Server 2005
- Whitepaper by Arun Marathe: Processing XML Showplans Using SQLCLR in SQL Server 2005
- Whitepaper by James McCaffrey: Automate Testing of Your Stored Procedures
Well, now that should keep you busy…