Q: Can I view a recording of this webcast?
On demand MSDN webcasts (in general) can be found here. The Index Defragmentation Best Practices session is ready and available here. The prerequisite Indexing Best Practices session (from June 11) is here.
Q: Where can we get a print out of the slides?
Q: Where can we get the demo scripts?
Yes, www.SQLskills.com/blogs/Kimberly and if you’re reading this on my blog…well, then you already know! J
Q: What’s the URL for your website (for scripts/samples/articles/events?)
The main website link is: www.SQLskills.com
For a list of articles (many of which do NOT require a subscription), click here.
For a list of upcoming events, click here.
For a list of past events (including demo scripts, samples and Q&As from past events), click here.
For a list of scripts (addition sample scripts not necessarily part of demo scripts), click here.
For the upcoming SQLskills SQL Immersion Events (focused, intense performance tuning events), click here.
Q: Do you speak at other events for more advanced tuning topics?
Yes, in fact, SQLskills has a new event coming up in October that’s a 5-day event on performance tuning on SQL Server. We’re calling these events “Immersion Events” as they’re focused, indepth and intense! Full details are on https://www.sqlskills.com/sqlimmersion.asp.
Q: Are you available for onsite custom courses or consulting?
Yes! Feel free to email us at:
or feel free to email me at Kimberly@SQLskills.com
Q: Can you list all of the additional resource links from the final section of the slides:
- Whitepaper: Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Index Defragmentation Best Practices
- Whitepaper: Statistics Used by the Query Optimizer in Microsoft SQL Server 2000
- Whitepaper: Query Recompilation in SQL Server 2000
- Whitepaper: Index Tuning Wizard for Microsoft SQL Server 2000
- Whitepaper: Improving Performance with Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Indexed Views
- Whitepaper: Using Partitions in a Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Data Warehouse
- MSDN Support WebCast: SQL Server 2000 Profiler: What’s New and How to Effectively Use It