We’re really excited about the classes we’ve got coming up in Chicago and to say ‘thank you’ to the SQL community for all your support of SQLskills.com over the years, we’re running a competition. It’s been a while since we ran a competition so we’re giving away TWO prizes this time!
THE COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED. Winner details are here.
There are two prizes:
- A free seat in our 5-day IEPTO1: Performance Tuning and Optimization – Part 1 class in Chicago, October 2-6, 2017 (link to class details)
- A free seat in our 5-day IEPTO2: Performance Tuning and Optimization – Part 2 class in Chicago, October 9-13, 2017 (link to class details)
If you win the competition, you pay US$0 instead of the US$3,295 early-bird price or US$3,795 full price. You’ll be responsible for all travel expenses and your hotel bill. The class includes breakfast, lunch, all-day tea/coffee/soda and tons of juicy content :-)
All you have to do is pick which class you’d like to attend and write a blog post before end-of-day Sunday, August 13th, 2017 explaining:
- Why you want to come to that class taught by us
- Why you’d make the best use of the knowledge you’ll get from being in the class
- What your favorite performance tuning challenge is
SQLskills will select what we consider to be the best entry for each prize.
- You can only enter the competition once (i.e. one blog post choosing one class)
- You must write a blog post. Answers in the comments section of this post will be not be accepted. If you don’t have a blog, it’s easy to create one – e.g. wordpress.com
Your blog post must go live before 11.59pm Pacific Time on Sunday, August 13th, 2017
Your blog post must specify which class you’d like to attend and contain a link to the class details (see The Prize section above)
You must post a comment on this blog post that links to your blog post before 11.59pm Pacific Time on Sunday, August 13th, 2017 (comments are moderated, so don’t panic if you don’t see it appear immediately)
If you’re on Twitter, you must tweet your blog post using the #sqlskills #sqlserver hash tags
If you win, you will be able to register for the class you chose in your blog post at the special price of US$0
- If you win, only you can attend the class at the special price of US$0 – your prize is not transferable and is only valid for the October 2017 class
If you win, you will be responsible for all travel and hotel costs for attending the class
If you enter the competition we will include your name and link to your post in a blog post announcing the lucky winners
If you don’t agree with the rules, don’t enter – simple.
We’ll announce the lucky winners on Monday, August 14th, 2017 in a blog post on my blog and on Tuesday in the next Insider newsletter (delayed a day).
Good luck and we hope to see you there!