Due to the popularity of Kimberly’s delivery of her new IEVLT: Immersion Event on Very Large Tables: Optimizing Performance and Availability through Partitioning in January, and the fact that many of you told us that you didn’t have a chance to attend, we’re running it again in March! The class will be delivered live via WebEx on March 20-22 (roughly 12-13 hours of content plus open Q&As; about the same as two full workshop days!) and the recording is available to attendees for six months following the end of the class. Note: we’re not planning any more deliveries of IEVLT until 2019.
Here are some quotes from people who attended the January class:
- “Kimberly is incredibly knowledgeable and was able to adapt the techniques to all the different scenarios presented to her.”
- “The best educator I’ve ever seen. She makes complex concepts “magically” easy to grasp. Incred-amazing.”
- “Great course. I could hear clearly, the content was relevant to current day problems, and provided clear instruction.”
- “This was REALLY good. Getting to an IE is tough there are only a few a year and more importantly because there are only a few they cover a pretty broad range of information. Since I do mainly database design and query tuning, I can’t justify much beyond IE1 as I don’t do day to day DBA work. Seeing you were offering the online event focused on a specific topic – very large tables – was PERFECT. I know I really need to improve my knowledge of the options in that area. I recalled the PV/PT architecture from IE1 and knew a refresher, coupled with the new information would be perfect. The cost was BEYOND reasonable. The time frame, at only about 1/2 a day, was easy to justify and easy to manage keeping up with regular work while I did it. So this worked out to be a perfect event.” – Todd Everett, USA
- “SLIGHTLY prefer the classroom option, but attendance to a location can be very hard to manage and therefore WebEx is a VERY, VERY good alternative. I didn’t think it would be, but I’m definitely sold.” – Kevin Urquhart, UK
- “I’m really glad I decided to participate in this event. I learnt a lot and I already see lots of opportunities to implement some of the strategies at my workplace (after working through all the materials of course :P).” – Ernst Kruger, South Africa
- “Loved the online aspect. It felt like I was there with the question ability and having the questions just answered right there. I felt I had a voice and could ask anything and the ability to watch it later made it totally worth the registration.”
- “Always love to sit at the feet of Kimberly. Always learn a ton.”
- “I struggled with WebEx at first… felt a little like watching a video… BUT the moment it became interactive (which was very early on), that whole perception changed. By the end I REALLY enjoyed it as a method.”
- “I really enjoyed the ability to ask questions as the course went along so that I didn’t forget what I wanted to ask while you were teaching. This allowed for questions to come through and class to continue until a good stopping point to answer the questions. Plus having the questions written from other attendees was nice for future reference instead of trying to remember from an in-person class discussion.”
- “Kimberly, I have to tell you that you are hands down the finest educator I have ever met. Your dynamic personality, combined with your depth of knowledge, and passion to fully understand the subject matter are unmatched, in my experience. I feel truly privileged to have had the opportunity to learn from you again and again. You really DO make learning fun. Thank you!” – Mike Petri, USA
- “I learned a lot of new topics and found this class really useful. Usually when I attend a class or an in person event I learn new things but no where near this class. Thanks for a great class.”
Rather than have people try to watch a full day of training at their computer for one of more days, the class will run from 10am to 3pm PST each day, with two 90-minute teaching sessions, each followed by Q&A, and a lunch break. We chose to do this, and to spread the class over a few days, so the times work well for those in the Americas, Africa, and Europe. We also realize that this is complex, architectural content, so want to give attendees time to digest each day’s material, plus extensive Q&A.
The modules covered will be:
- Horizontal Partitioning Strategies
- Partitioned Views
- Partitioned Tables
- Tables, Indexes, Keys, and Relationships
- Implementing the Sliding Window Scenario
- Key Partitioning Concerns and Considerations
- Partitioning Techniques Combined
The price of the class is US$895 and you can get all the details here.
The class was also announced in our newsletter this morning, with a $100 discount for those people who received that newsletter, valid for two weeks. All future live, online classes will always feature a two-week discount for newsletter subscribers.
We decided to start teaching some live, online classes as we recognize that not everyone can travel to our in-person classes, or take that time away from work or family, or simply have travel budget as well as training budget. People also have different ways they learn, some preferring in-person training, some preferring recorded, online training, and some preferring live, online training.
We’ll be doing more of these in 2018, on a variety of topics, so stay tuned for updates (and discounts through the newsletter).
We hope you can join us!