As I announced in our Insider newsletter last week, we’ve designed some new Immersion Events to expand the curriculum we offer.
We have a new Immersion Event for the Accidental DBA! This is a three-day class taught by Jonathan Kehayias and Erin Stellato.
This course will help you learn how to keep the lights on so that SQL Server meets the business requirements for availability and performance, and is especially suited to:
- A server administrator that has to maintain SQL Server as a part of the infrastructure
- An administrator for a line-of-business application such as SharePoint, Microsoft CRM, Great Plains, Dynamics, or Biztalk
- An administrator for one or many non-Microsoft systems that rely on SQL Server
- A junior DBA just getting started with SQL Server
The first public class will be offered in Bellevue, WA on September 30 – October 2, 2013 – which is co-located with a new Advanced Transact-SQL class that Bob will be teaching that week.
The class costs US$2,245, with an early-bird price of US$1,945 available until August 15th (all our classes have the same per-day cost, regardless of length).
The agenda for the course is:
- Module 1: Hardware Considerations
- Module 2: Installing and Configuring SQL Server
- Module 3: Security
- Module 4: Backup and Restore
- Module 5: Disaster Recovery vs. High Availability
- Module 6: Database Maintenance
- Module 7: Monitoring
You can get class information, a detailed agenda, and registration information HERE.
It’s pretty cool to see how excited everyone on the team is about these new classes – we’re looking forward to giving you all the best value for your training budget!
See you there!