Continuing our series of live, online classes, Kimberly will be delivering her new IETLB: Immersion Event on Transactions, Locking, Blocking, Isolation, and Versioning in October! The class will be delivered live via WebEx on October 9-11 (roughly 12-13 hours of content including Q&As; about the same as two full workshop days!) and the attendees will have lifetime access to the recordings following the end of the class.
Rather than have people try to watch a full day of training at their computer for one of more days, the class will run from 10am to 3pm PST each day, with two 90-minute teaching sessions, each followed by Q&A, and a lunch break. We chose to do this, and to spread the class over a few days, so the times work pretty well for those in the Americas, Africa, and Europe. We also realize that this is complex content, so want to give attendees time to digest each day’s material, plus extensive Q&A.
Here are some select quotes from prior attendees of Kimberly’s live, online classes:
- “Kimberly is incredibly knowledgeable and was able to adapt the techniques to all the different scenarios presented to her.”
- “The best educator I’ve ever seen. She makes complex concepts “magically” easy to grasp. Incred-amazing.”
- “Great course. I could hear clearly, the content was relevant to current day problems, and provided clear instruction.”
- “This was REALLY good. Getting to an IE is tough there are only a few a year and more importantly because there are only a few they cover a pretty broad range of information. Since I do mainly database design and query tuning, I can’t justify much beyond IE1 as I don’t do day to day DBA work. Seeing you were offering the online event focused on a specific topic – very large tables – was PERFECT. I know I really need to improve my knowledge of the options in that area. I recalled the PV/PT architecture from IE1 and knew a refresher, coupled with the new information would be perfect. The cost was BEYOND reasonable. The time frame, at only about 1/2 a day, was easy to justify and easy to manage keeping up with regular work while I did it. So this worked out to be a perfect event.” – Todd Everett, USA
- “Loved the online aspect. It felt like I was there with the question ability and having the questions just answered right there. I felt I had a voice and could ask anything and the ability to watch it later made it totally worth the registration.”
- “I really enjoyed the ability to ask questions as the course went along so that I didn’t forget what I wanted to ask while you were teaching. This allowed for questions to come through and class to continue until a good stopping point to answer the questions. Plus having the questions written from other attendees was nice for future reference instead of trying to remember from an in-person class discussion.”
The modules covered will be:
- Batches, Transactions, and Error Handling
- The Anatomy of a Data Modification
- Locking / Isolation
- Table Maintenance and Schema Locks
- Locking, Blocking, and an Intro to Deadlocks
The price of the class is US$699 (or US$599 for prior live, online attendees) and there’s also a combo price for all three new classes announced today.
You can get all the details here.
The class was also announced in our newsletter today, with a US$100 discount for those people who received that newsletter, valid through the end of June. All future live, online classes will always feature a discount for newsletter subscribers.
We decided to start teaching some live, online classes as we recognize that not everyone can travel to our in-person classes, or take that time away from work or family, or simply have travel budget as well as training budget. People also have different ways they learn, some preferring in-person training, some preferring recorded, online training, and some preferring live, online training.
We’ll be doing more of these so stay tuned for updates (and discounts through the newsletter).
We hope you can join us!