As we head into our 7th SQLintersection this April, I’m excited to say that it’s one of our most diverse, complete, and information-packed shows yet! We’ve added a 3rd precon day to our show and with our postcon day, there are 9 full-day workshops from which to choose. We have 3 SQL keynotes that are relevant and timely including two from Microsoft experts Bob Ward and Buck Woody and a third is all about productivity using their fantastic tools (SQL Sentry).
If you’re interested in how we got here – check out some of my past posts:
- SQLintersection: a new year, a new conference
- SQLintersection’s Fall Conference – It’s all about ROI!
- Fall SQLintersection is coming up soon and we can’t wait!
- SQLintersection Conference and SQLafterDark Evening Event – what a fantastic week in Vegas
With minimal to no marketing filler, we’ve largely kept our conference focus on ROI and technical content (performance / troubleshooting / tales-from-the-trenches with best practices on how to fix them ) but we’ve also added even more social events so that you really get time to intersect with the conference attendees and speakers. The addition of the SQL-specific evening event SQLafterDark was wildly popular from some of our past shows and that’s returning for Spring!
And, so are many of our phenomenal speakers. But, we also have a few new industry-experts rounding out our line-up.
SQLintersection: Great Speakers!
Once again, I think a great show starts with great speakers and current / useful content. All of these speakers are industry-experts that have worked in data / SQL for years (some can even boast decades) but all are still focused on consulting and working in the trenches. And, they’re good presenters! Not only will you hear useful content but you’ll do so in a way that’s digestible and applicable. Every speaker is either an MCM (Master), a SQL Server MVP, (or both), or a Microsoft employee. But, regardless of their official credentials – ALL are focused on providing the most ROI that’s possible in their session(s) and/or their workshops. Check out this phenomenal list of speakers:
- Aaron Bertrand
- Allen White
- Ben Miller
- Bob Ward
- Brent Ozar
- Buck Woody
- David Pless
- Glenn Berry
- Grant Fritchey
- Jason Hall
- Jeremiah Peschka
- Kimberly L. Tripp
- Paul S. Randal
- Randy Knight
- Scott Fallen
- Tim Chapman
- Tim Mitchell
- Tim Radney
You can read everyone’s full bio on our speaker page here.
SQLintersection: When is it all happening?
The conference officially runs from Monday, April 19 through Thursday, April 21 with pre-conference and post-conference workshops that extend the show over a total of up to 7 full days. For the full conference, you’ll want to be there from Saturday, April 16 through Friday, April 22.
- Saturday, April 16 – pre-con day. There is one workshops running:
- Intro to SSIS with Tim Mitchell
- Sunday, April 17 – pre-con day. There are two workshops running:
- SQL Server 2014 and 2016 New Features and Capabilities with David Pless and Tim Chapman
- Developer’s Guide to SQL Server Performance with Brent Ozar and Jeremiah Peschka
- Monday, April 18 – pre-con day. There are three workshops running during the day with the first keynote of the conference on Monday evening:
- Performance Troubleshooting using Waits and Latches with Paul Randal
- Analyzing and Improving I/O Subsystem Performance with Glenn Berry
- PowerShell for the DBA from 0-60 in a Day with Ben Miller
- Tuesday, April 19 through Thursday, April 21 is the main conference. Conference sessions will run all day in multiple tracks:
- Check out our sessions online here
- Be sure to check out our cross-conference events and sessions .
- Get your pop-culture trivia and techie-SQL-trivia hat on and join us for SQLafterDark on Wednesday evening, April 20
- Friday, May 21 is our final full day running with three post-conference workshops running:
- Queries Gone Wrong: Statistics, Cardinality, Solutions with Kimberly Tripp
- Leveraging SQL Server in the Cloud with Brent Ozar and Jeremiah Peschka
- Building Better SSIS Packages with Tim Mitchell
SQLintersection: Why is it for you?
If you want practical information delivered by speakers that not-only know the technologies but are competent and consistently, highly-rated presenters – this is the show for you. You will understand the RIGHT features to troubleshoot and solve your performance and availability problems now!
Check us out: www.SQLintersection.com.
We hope to see you there!
PS – Use the discount code ‘SQLskills’ when you register and receive $50 off registration!