IEQS: Immersion Event on Solving Common Performance Problems with Query Store
Live Online: January 15-17, 2019
Three-class discount combo available – see below!
The Query Store feature was introduced in SQL Server 2016 and it’s a game-changer for data professionals. Have you ever…
- …had that emergency where you’re informed “The database is slow! It was fine yesterday! Nothing changed!”?
- …wished for a query’s baseline metrics so that you could quickly compare pre- and post-upgrade performance?
- …flailed about querying DMV after DMV to figure out the *real* problem with performance?
If so, then this is the course where you learn how to stop reacting and start making Query Store work for you.
Query Store allows you to proactively monitor query performance and find those queries that are currently causing problems, or have the potential to cause problems. In addition, you can stabilize query performance use plan forcing, whether that’s something you do manually or automatically with Automatic Plan Correction. Beyond the basics, you’ll see demos that teach you how to interrogate the data to find common patterns in query performance using T-SQL and visualization techniques, and how to take advantage of the wait statistics information captured. After this class you will have the skills to find and leverage important information in Query Store to make query tuning easier.
This class is delivered live via online streaming. By dedicating only 3 half-days of your time for 9 hours of lecture and up to 4.5 hours of open Q&A, this is an amazing ROI while you can still get work done during your day!
Instructor: Erin Stellato.
For a detailed agenda click HERE.
If you need help justifying training to your organization, we can help you:
- Letter to your boss explaining why SQLskills training is worthwhile
- Community blog posts about our classes
Select Quotes From Past Attendees of Erin’s SQLskills Classes
- “Extremely pleased with the course. FAR exceeded my expectations.”
- “Well worth the time and expense to attend. Would highly recommend this to others.”
- “I though this was extremely worthwhile. I have been a DBA for a few years and this was a great refresher for a lot of things I don’t do very often but should.”
- “Found class extremely helpful and plan to take the next one.”
- “Great course – very informative – very great instructors – I am sure to be back!”
- “I was familiar with all of the topics in this course, but barely understood most. I feel I will be able to begin to do all of the things I need to take simpler tasks from our DBAs to allow them to focus on the more advanced tasks. That was exactly my goal for taking this class.”
- “Great course. Good new info for me, plus refresher on other info. Thanks!”
- “Both Erin and Jon have a vast knowledge of not only SQL Server & tools, but also effective presentation.”
- “Thanks for taking the time to better my knowledge of SQL and allow me to better my career.”
- The class will be streamed live through three WebEx or GoToMeeting meetings and you will receive an email invitation to the meetings a few days before the class. You will be prompted to download the streaming application when connecting to the first meeting. Note: your name may appear on the participant list in the event recordings.
- Class will be spread over three days, from Tuesday, January 15th, 2019 through Thursday, January 17th, 2019.
- Detailed agenda for each day (all times are in Pacific Standard Time)
- 10am to 11:30am: morning session
- 11:30am to 12pm: morning Q&A
- 12pm to 12:30pm: break
- 12:30pm to 2pm: afternoon session
- 2pm to 3pm: afternoon Q&A
- You will receive a PDF of the lecture content. Additionally, after the event ends, we will provide all possible demo content and any electronic whiteboard slides on our website as a zip file.
- The class will be recorded and you will receive lifetime access to the recordings, including all audio and video.
- Full price for this online Immersion Event is US$699.
- Past attendee price: If you’ve attended an Immersion Event in the past, you can register at any time for US$599. Please contact us for instructions.
- Pick-Any-Three Combo: for $583 per class, you can register for any three of the 2019 Q1 online classes (pick that combo from on the event registration page – see below – and we’ll work with you to select the three classes)
- Your class registration can only be canceled up to 1 calendar week before the day the class begins, and the cost will be refunded minus a US$50 administration fee (and 5% credit-card processing charges).
- Registrations can be transferred to a colleague to attend the class, up to one day prior to the first meeting and at no cost, as long as we are notified of the new attendee’s name.
- A no-show registration (the attendee does not attend the class) is not eligible for a transfer or refund.
Click HERE to go to our events registration page, and please make sure to select the correct class or combo from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
If you have any questions, please contact us.