IESSIS1: Immersion Event on Learning SQL Server Integration Services
Chicago, IL, US: May 2-6, 2016
Special Pricing! See below for past-attendee discounts
This 1-300-level, 5-day, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) training class was created to train technology professionals in the fine art of using SSIS to build data integration and Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) solutions. Developed by Andy Leonard, the training is focused around labs and emphasizes a hands-on approach. Most technologists learn SSIS by doing so this training is designed to maximize the time attendees spend working with SSIS.
At the conclusion of the training, attendees will have been exposed to:
- Using SSIS to develop data integration solutions
- Using SSIS to load a data warehouse dimension
- Troubleshooting real-world SSIS Data Flow Task errors
- Deploying SSIS Solutions
- Managing, monitoring, and administering SSIS in the enterprise
Target audience: Database professionals, application developers, and business intelligence practitioners interested in acquiring or expanding their existing SSIS skill set.
Prerequisites: No experience with SQL Server or SQL Server Integration Services is required before attending this training. It is helpful (but not required) that students possess some knowledge of and experience with relational databases. SQL Server knowledge / experience will be more helpful than experience and knowledge with other technologies.
Bring your own laptop: You will need to bring your laptop and you will need a version of SQL Server 2014. SSIS will need to be installed and functioning. You can obtain a copy of the Evaluation Edition of SQL Server 2014 here. We do not provide a classroom computer for you.
For a detailed agenda click HERE.
If you need help justifying training to your organization, we can help you:
- Letter to your boss explaining why SQLskills training is worthwhile
- Community blog posts about our classes
- Immersion Event FAQ
- Instructors: Andy Leonard.
- Class will run from 8:30am-5:45pm Monday through Thursday and 8:30am-5:00pm on Friday.
- Detailed agenda:
- 7:45am Breakfast
- 8:30am Class begins
- 9:45am 15-minute break
- 11:15am 15 minute break
- 12:30pm Lunch break (lunch is provided as part of the class)
- 1:30pm Class resumes
- 2:45pm 15-minute break with dessert
- 4:15pm 15-minute break
- 5:45pm Class ends (5:00pm on Friday)
- For those of you planning air travel and departure times after the class completion on Friday: we do end at 5:00pm on Friday and we use every minute of that schedule, and often we run a few minutes over. For most deliveries we end between 5:00pm and 5:15pm. This depends on questions and we often push out the 5:45pm endings earlier in the week if things are running behind but I can honestly say that we’ve never ended early. Our general recommendation is for you to purchase tickets with departures no earlier than 8:00pm. However, each city/location may be a little different. Consider contacting the hotel (or the hotel’s website) for more specific insight into travel times and specific travel options to the airport.
- Monday evening: “Meet-n-Greet” in the bar. We’ll open a tab and pick up the first round so we can get to know each other better and wind down from day 1.
- You will receive printed materials for all of the lecture content. Additionally, after the event ends, we will provide all possible classroom demo content and electronic whiteboard slides on our website as a zip file.
- Also included in your registration fee are coffee, breakfast, snacks and lunch. On the registration page, please let us know if you are vegetarian (other dietary requirements are your own responsibility).
- Class size is limited to 16 students.
- The Immersion Event will be held in the Hilton Suites Chicago/Oak Brook.
- This hotel is 20 minutes from O’Hare airport and is near a large mall with many amenities. We’ve held more than thirty Immersion Events here since 2011.
- The hotel has a special rate from US$124/night, for a two-room suite!
- You can access this special rate by using the hotel’s group registration link.
- RESERVE YOUR HOTEL NIGHTS EARLY: SQLskills has a LIMITED number of rooms reserved under our group rate and these usually sell out. Even if you’re waiting to officially register for the class – you might want to get your hotel room setup early (ASAP) to ensure that you get the discounted/group rate and that you’re at the hotel where the event is being held. Most importantly, the earlier you get your hotel reservations confirmed, the easier it is for us to add rooms to our block. Thanks so much for helping us out with this!
- The hotel rate includes:
- Onsite parking.
- Wireless internet access for the entire stay (it’s pretty good, but don’t expect to stream movies or quickly download very large files)
- Full breakfast on Saturday/Sunday.
- Full American breakfast during the Immersion Event will be served as part of class from 7:45 am until 8:30am. Class begins at 8:30 am.
- Full price for the Immersion Event is US$3,795.
- Early-bird rate is US$3,295 for registrations received by end-of-day PST Friday February 26th, 2016
- Any discount code entered (for instance, for past attendees) will be reflected in the price during registration.
- For general discount information please see the F.A.Q.
Special Pricing Options!
- Past attendee price: If you’ve attended an Immersion Event in the past, you can register any time for 75% of the full price (US$2,995). Please contact us for instructions.
- Cancellations prior to March 21st, 2016: fully-refunded minus US$250 administration fee and 5% credit-card processing charges, where applicable.
- Cancellations from March 21st, 2016 to April 17th, 2016 inclusive (PST): 50% cancellation charge.
- Cancellations on or after April 18th, 2016 (PST): 100% cancellation charge.
- Registrations can be transferred to a colleague to attend this class, or for you to attend another class within 12 months of this one. If within the 100% cancellation period, there is a US$750 transfer fee.
Click HERE to go to our events registration page.
If you have any questions, please contact us.