IESSIS2: Immersion Event on Advanced SQL Server Integration Services
Bellevue, WA, US: September 19-22, 2016
Special Pricing! See below for past-attendee discounts
This 400-level, 4-day, advanced SSIS training class was created to help technology professionals take their SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) skills to the next level. Developed by Tim Mitchell and Andy Leonard, the training is focused around lectures and emphasizes a demonstration approach.
If you are looking to take your SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) skills to the next level, this course is for you. From data flow internals to error handling patterns, and auditing/logging to catalog customization, we will illustrate and demonstrate SSIS Design Patterns to help bring you to the next level in your SSIS skill set.
Target audience: Database professionals, application developers, and business intelligence practitioners interested in expanding their existing SSIS skill set.
Prerequisites: One year experience with SQL Server and SQL Server Integration Services is required before attending this training.
For a detailed agenda click HERE.
If you need help justifying training to your organization, we can help you:
- Letter to your boss explaining why SQLskills training is worthwhile
- Community blog posts about our classes
- Immersion Event FAQ
- Instructors: Andy Leonard, Tim Mitchell.
- Class will run from 8:30am-5:45pm Monday through Wednesday and 8:30am-5:00pm on Thursday.
- Detailed agenda:
- 7:45am Breakfast
- 8:30am Class begins
- 9:45am 15-minute break
- 11:15am 15 minute break
- 12:30pm Lunch break (lunch is provided as part of the class)
- 1:30pm Class resumes
- 2:45pm 15-minute break with dessert
- 4:15pm 15-minute break
- 5:45pm Class ends (5:00pm on Thursday)
- For those of you planning air travel and departure times after the class completion on Thursday: we do end at 5:00pm on Thursday and we use every minute of that schedule, and often we run a few minutes over. For most deliveries we end between 5:00pm and 5:15pm. This depends on questions and we often push out the 5:45pm endings earlier in the week if things are running behind but I can honestly say that we’ve never ended early. Our general recommendation is for you to purchase tickets with departures no earlier than 8:00pm. However, each city/location may be a little different. Consider contacting the hotel (or the hotel’s website) for more specific insight into travel times and specific travel options to the airport.
- Monday evening: “Meet-n-Greet” in the bar. We’ll open a tab and pick up the first round so we can get to know each other better and wind down from day 1.
- You will receive printed materials for all of the lecture content. Additionally, after the event ends, we will provide all classroom demo content and electronic whiteboard slides on our website as a zip file.
- Also included in your registration fee are coffee, breakfast, snacks and lunch. On the registration page, please let us know if you are vegetarian (other dietary requirements are your own responsibility).
- Class size is limited to 16 students.
- The Immersion Event will be held in the Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown.
- This hotel is very close to downtown and is in an area packed with restaurants, shopping, and entertainment, including the famous Tap House Grill and Bellevue Square! We’ve held more than fifteen Immersion Events here since 2011.
- The hotel has a special rate of US$194/night for the September events.
- You can access this special rate by using the hotel’s group registration link.
- RESERVE YOUR HOTEL NIGHTS EARLY: SQLskills has a LIMITED number of rooms reserved under our group rate and these usually sell out. Even if you’re waiting to officially register for the class – you might want to get your hotel room setup early (ASAP) to ensure that you get the discounted/group rate and that you’re at the hotel where the event is being held. Most importantly, the earlier you get your hotel reservations confirmed, the easier it is for us to add rooms to our block. Thanks so much for helping us out with this!
- The hotel rate does not include internet access or weekend breakfasts.
- Full American breakfast during the Immersion Event will be served as part of class from 7:45 am until 8:30am. Class begins at 8:30 am.
Transportation from/to SeaTac Airport:
- Shuttle Express: “share ride (multi-person vans)” exclusive service and town car service: details here. Price is ~$39 each way.
- Taxi: these are available on the 3rd floor of the parking garage at SeaTac. This is the building just outside the terminal after baggage claim. Take the escalators up to the walkway and then an elevator down to the 3rd floor. Estimated price is ~US$50 each way.
- Bus: There’s a main bus station in Bellevue only 2 blocks from the hotel. Price is ~US$5 each way and there’s a direct express bus every 30 mins to/from the airport. Details can be found here.
- Rental car: A rental car really isn’t necessary unless you want to venture out pre/post the event. However, if you do there’s a Hertz rental car location in Bellevue very close to the Marriott. For more transportation details see this link from the Marriott site. Please note that hotel guests are charged US$12 per day for overnight parking. This hotel does not offer valet parking.
- Full price for the Immersion Event is US$3,495.
- Early-bird rate is US$3,095 for registrations received by end-of-day PST Friday July 22nd, 2016
- Any discount code entered (for instance, for past attendees) will be reflected in the price during registration.
- For general discount information please see the F.A.Q.
Special Pricing Options!
- Past attendee price: If you’ve attended an Immersion Event in the past, you can register any time for 75% of the full price (US$2,625). Please contact us for instructions.
- Cancellations prior to August 8th, 2016: fully-refunded minus US$250 administration fee and 5% credit-card processing charges, where applicable.
- Cancellations from August 8th, 2016 to September 4th, 2016 inclusive (PST): 50% cancellation charge.
- Cancellations on or after September 5th, 2016 (PST): 100% cancellation charge.
- Registrations can be transferred to a colleague to attend this class, or for you to attend another class within 12 months of this one. If within the 100% cancellation period, there is a US$600 transfer fee.
Click HERE to go to our events registration page.
If you have any questions, please contact us.