IESSIS2: Immersion Event on Advanced SQL Server Integration Services
Chicago, IL, US: May 1-5, 2017
This 400-level, 5-day, advanced SSIS training class was created to help technology professionals take their SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) skills to the next level. Developed by Tim Mitchell and Andy Leonard, the training is focused around lectures and emphasizes a demonstration approach.
If you are looking to take your SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) skills to the next level, this course is for you. From data flow internals to error handling patterns, and auditing/logging to catalog customization, we will illustrate and demonstrate SSIS Design Patterns to help bring you to the next level in your SSIS skill set.
Target audience: Database professionals, application developers, and business intelligence practitioners interested in expanding their existing SSIS skill set.
Prerequisites: One year experience with SQL Server and SQL Server Integration Services is required before attending this training.
For a detailed agenda click HERE.
If you need help justifying training to your organization, we can help you:
- Letter to your boss explaining why SQLskills training is worthwhile
- Community blog posts about our classes
- Immersion Event FAQ
Quotes From Past Attendees:
Listed below are some verbatim quotes from recent attendees of this class:
- “Excellent course, great venue.”
- “Extremely excited going into this class, and I was not disappointed.”
- “I thoroughly enjoyed the class. All my questions I came with were answered and I now have a head full of new ideas.”
- “Really liked the course, especially the interactivity between the Instructors and the students.”
- “Great content, loved that there was a large class and we got to discuss issues that attendees were experiencing which allowed us to get into some of the topics in more depth.”
- “Very good – very knowledgeable, friendly, entertaining. Covered a lot and willing to do whatever it takes to answer, demonstrate.”
- “This was the best training class I had in a long time.”
- “Absolutely great. Quality and quantity of material was excellent, exceeds expectations. Both Andy and Tim are extremely knowledgeable and are fantastic instructors. Great training SQLskills!”
- Class will run from 8:30am-5:45pm Monday through Thursday and 8:30am-5:00pm on Friday.
- Detailed agenda:
- 7:45am Breakfast
- 8:30am Class begins
- 9:45am 15-minute break
- 11:15am 15 minute break
- 12:30pm Lunch break (lunch is provided as part of the class)
- 1:30pm Class resumes
- 2:45pm 15-minute break with dessert
- 4:15pm 15-minute break
- 5:45pm Class ends (5:00pm on Friday)
- For those of you planning air travel and departure times after the class completion on Friday: we do end at 5:00pm on Friday and we use every minute of that schedule, and often we run a few minutes over. For most deliveries we end between 5:00pm and 5:15pm. This depends on questions and we often push out the 5:45pm endings earlier in the week if things are running behind but I can honestly say that we’ve never ended early. Our general recommendation is for you to purchase tickets with departures no earlier than 8:00pm. However, each city/location may be a little different. Consider contacting the hotel (or the hotel’s website) for more specific insight into travel times and specific travel options to the airport.
- Monday evening: “Meet-n-Greet” in the bar. We’ll open a tab and pick up the first round so we can get to know each other better and wind down from day 1.
- You will receive printed materials for all of the lecture content. Additionally, after the event ends, we will provide all classroom demo content and electronic whiteboard slides on our website as a zip file.
- Also included in your registration fee are coffee, breakfast, snacks and lunch. On the registration page, please let us know if you are vegetarian (other dietary requirements are your own responsibility).
- Class size is limited to 16 students.
- The Immersion Event will be held in the Hilton Suites Chicago/Oak Brook.
- This hotel is 20 minutes from O’Hare airport and is near a large mall with many amenities. We’ve held more than forty five Immersion Events here since 2011.
- The hotel has a special rate from US$129/night, for a two-room suite!
- You can access this special rate by using the hotel’s group registration link.
- RESERVE YOUR HOTEL NIGHTS EARLY: SQLskills has a LIMITED number of rooms reserved under our group rate and these usually sell out. Even if you’re waiting to officially register for the class – you might want to get your hotel room setup early (ASAP) to ensure that you get the discounted/group rate and that you’re at the hotel where the event is being held. Most importantly, the earlier you get your hotel reservations confirmed, the easier it is for us to add rooms to our block. Thanks so much for helping us out with this!
- The hotel rate includes:
- Onsite parking.
- Wireless internet access for the entire stay (it’s pretty good, but don’t expect to stream movies or quickly download very large files).
- Full breakfast on Saturday/Sunday.
- Full American breakfast during the Immersion Event will be served as part of class from 7:45 am until 8:30am. Class begins at 8:30 am.
- Full price for the Immersion Event is US$3,795.
- Early-bird rate is US$3,295 for registrations received by end-of-day PST Friday, February 24th, 2017.
- Any discount code entered (for instance, for past attendees) will be reflected in the price during registration.
- For general discount information please see the F.A.Q.
Special Pricing Options!
- Past attendee price: If you’ve attended an Immersion Event in the past, you can register any time for 75% of the full price (US$2,995). Please contact us for instructions.
- Cancellations prior to March 20th, 2017: fully-refunded minus US$250 administration fee and 5% credit-card processing charges, where applicable.
- Cancellations from March 20th, 2017 to April 16th, 2017 inclusive (PST): 50% cancellation charge.
- Cancellations on or after April 17th, 2017 (PST): 100% cancellation charge.
- Registrations can be transferred to a colleague to attend this class, or for you to attend another class within 12 months of this one. If within the 100% cancellation period, there is a US$750 transfer fee.
Click HERE to go to our events registration page.
If you have any questions, please contact us.