IECAG: Immersion Event on Clustering and Availability Groups
London, UK: September 12-13, 2018 (SOLD OUT!)
This 3/400 level, 2-day, SQL Server training class will teach you how to plan for, implement, and maintain AlwaysOn Failover Clustered Instances and AlwaysOn Availability Groups in all applicable versions of SQL Server, using best practices and extensive real-world experience.
The class will start by explaining Windows Server Failover Clustering, which is the basis of both AlwaysOn features in SQL Server; Failover Clustered Instances and Availability Groups. Then each feature will be examined in depth to understand the considerations, requirements, and best practices behind their implementation, so you can build a rock-solid high-availability and/or disaster-recovery strategy for your SQL Server workload.
High Availability is an area that is critical in today’s environment and all DBAs should be able to design and implement an appropriate availability strategy and coordinate a successful recovery after a disaster.
For a detailed agenda click HERE.
If you need help justifying training to your organization, we can help you:
- Letter to your boss explaining why SQLskills training is worthwhile
- Community blog posts about our classes
- Immersion Event FAQ
- Instructors: Jonathan Kehayias
- Class will run from 8:30am-5:45pm Wednesday and 8:30am-5:00pm on Thursday
- Detailed agenda:
- 8:30am Class begins
- 9:45am 15-minute break
- 11:15am 15 minute break
- 12:30pm Lunch break (lunch is provided as part of the class)
- 1:30pm Class resumes
- 2:45pm 15-minute break with dessert
- 4:15pm 15-minute break
- 5:45pm Class ends (5:00pm on Thursday)
- 8:30am Class begins
- For those of you planning air travel and departure times after the class completion on Thursday: we do end at 5:00pm on Thursday and we use every minute of that schedule, and often we run a few minutes over. For most deliveries we end between 5:00pm and 5:15pm. This depends on questions and we often push out the 5:45pm endings earlier in the week if things are running behind but I can honestly say that we’ve never ended early. Our general recommendation is for you to purchase tickets with departures no earlier than 8:00pm. However, each city/location may be a little different. Consider contacting the hotel (or the hotel’s website) for more specific insight into travel times and specific travel options to the airport.
- You will receive printed materials for all of the lecture content. Additionally, after the event ends, we will provide all possible classroom demo content and electronic whiteboard slides on our website as a zip file.
- Also included in your registration fee are all-day coffee/tea, snacks and buffet lunch. On the registration page, please let us know if you are vegetarian (other dietary requirements are your own responsibility). Note: pre-class breakfast is not provided unless you are staying at the hotel.
- Class size is limited to 12 students.
- The Immersion Event will be held in the Marriott in Kensington (London).
- This hotel is well placed for transport and tourism in London.
- The hotel has a special rate for our events at 185 GBP for single occupancy (*including* VAT). NOTE: This rate ends eight weeks prior to class and we cannot add rooms at the special rate after that. Please book your hotel as early as possible.
- Please use this link to access the special rate.
- The hotel rate includes:
- Wireless internet
- Full English breakfast every day
- Please note that we are unable to provide assistance with hotel and travel arrangements.
- Full price for the Immersion Event is US$1,695 plus VAT where required.
- Early-bird rate is US$1,495 plus VAT where required for registrations received by end-of-day PST Friday, July 13th, 2018.
- Past attendee price: If you’ve attended an Immersion Event in the past, you can register any time for US$1,395 plus VAT where required. Please contact us for instructions.
- Important: VAT Since we are a US supplier we are categorized as a reverse charge supplier for all UK businesses.
- For UK businesses, you must self-account for the VAT charge; if your country is listed as UK, we will NOT charge VAT and you will be directed to online credit card/wire transfer processing for your payment at the time of registration.
- If you are outside of the UK, we must charge VAT. The VAT rate is 20%. For non-UK businesses, we will send you a VAT invoice, with our VAT number included.
- For all credit card charges, you will be charged in US$ (with VAT, if applicable) and your credit card statement will reflect the charge in your home currency. If you are paying VAT an invoice will be sent to you with your payment details in GBP – conversion from US$ to GBP done on the day of credit card processing.
- Any discount code entered (for instance, for past attendees) will be reflected in the price during registration.
- For general discount information please see the F.A.Q.
- Your class registration can only be canceled up to 6 calendar weeks before the day the class begins, and the cost will be refunded minus a US$250 administration fee (and 5% credit-card processing charges, where applicable).
- Registrations can be transferred to a colleague to attend the class the registration is for, at any time and at no cost.
- A no-show registration (the attendee does not attend the class) is not eligible for a transfer or refund.
If you have any questions, please contact us.