IECS: Immersion Event on Columnstore Indexes
Live Online: November 12-14, 2019
This 2/300 level, live, online training course will provide an understanding of the differences between rowstore and columnstore indexes and how to plan for, implement, and maintain columnstore indexes in SQL Server 2012 and higher using best practices and our extensive real-world experience.
The class will start off by providing a foundation of how data is stored in SQL Server using row storage and B-tree indexes compared with columnstore indexes, as a means of understanding why columnstore indexes are better suited for certain workloads. Then you’ll learn how to implement columnstore indexes and strategies for using them, including combining rowstore and columnstore in the same table. We’ll cover how to find information about columnstore indexes once they have been implemented, data loading patterns for different workloads and their impact on columnstore and potential problems to watch out for, and finally how to maintain columnstore indexes and design the schema leveraging partitioning for optimization of the indexes and performance of queries and data loading.
By the time you’ve been through this class, you’ll have the knowledge to choose when to use columnstore indexes and how to use them most effectively in your environment.
This class is delivered live via online streaming. By dedicating only 3 half-days of your time for 9 hours of lecture and up to 4.5 hours of open Q&A, this is an amazing ROI while you can still get work done during your day!
Instructor: Jonathan Kehayias.
For a detailed agenda click HERE.
If you need help justifying training to your organization, we can help you:
- Letter to your boss explaining why SQLskills training is worthwhile
- Community blog posts about our classes
Select Quotes From Past Attendees of Jonathan’s Online Classes
- “Extremely pleased with the course. FAR exceeded my expectations.”
- “Well worth the time and expense to attend. Would highly recommend this to others.”
- “Great course – very informative – very great instructors – I am sure to be back!”
- “Great course. Good new info for me, plus refresher on other info. Thanks!”
- “Both Erin and Jon have a vast knowledge of not only SQL Server & tools, but also effective presentation.”
- “Thanks for taking the time to better my knowledge of SQL and allow me to better my career.”
- “Great course. I could hear clearly, the content was relevant to current day problems, and provided clear instruction.”
- “Loved the online aspect. It felt like I was there with the question ability and having the questions just answered right there. I felt I had a voice and could ask anything and the ability to watch it later made it totally worth the registration.”
- The class will be streamed live through three WebEx meetings and you will receive an email invitation to the meetings a few days before the class. You will be prompted to download the streaming application when connecting to the first meeting. Note: your name may appear on the participant list in the event recordings.
- Class will be spread over three days, from Tuesday, November 12th, 2019 through Thursday, November 14th, 2019.
- Detailed agenda for each day (all times are in Pacific Standard Time)
- 10am to 11:30am: morning session
- 11:30am to 12pm: morning Q&A
- 12pm to 12:30pm: break
- 12:30pm to 2pm: afternoon session
- 2pm to 3pm: afternoon Q&A
- You will receive a PDF of the lecture content. Additionally, after the event ends, we will provide all possible demo content and any electronic whiteboard slides on our website as a zip file.
- The class will be recorded and you will receive lifetime access to the recordings, including all audio and video.
- Full price for this online Immersion Event is US$495.
- Past attendee price: If you’ve attended an Immersion Event in the past, you can register at any time for US$395. Please contact us for instructions.
- Your class registration can only be canceled up to 1 calendar week before the day the class begins, and the cost will be refunded minus a US$50 administration fee (and 5% credit-card processing charges).
- Registrations can be transferred to a colleague to attend the class, up to one day prior to the first meeting and at no cost, as long as we are notified of the new attendee’s name.
- A no-show registration (the attendee does not attend the class) is not eligible for a transfer or refund.
Click HERE to go to our events registration page, and please make sure to select the correct class from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
If you have any questions, please contact us.