IEPTO1 (formerly IE1): Immersion Event on Performance Tuning and Optimization – Part 1
London, UK: June 13-17, 2016
Special Pricing! See below for past-attendee discounts
This 3/400-level, 5-day, SQL Server training class is part one of our two-part, comprehensive training program on SQL Server performance tuning and optimization (with IEPTO2 being the second half). Each week of this course stands alone, but we recommend taking Part 1 before Part 2 as more than 90% of people who attend IEPTO2 first then go back and take IEPTO1.
This class will give you a wealth of practical optimization techniques that you can put into production as soon as you return to work and we ensure you understand *why* and *how* a technique works rather than just what the technique is. This usually means we will explain how SQL Server works internally while discussing a specific topic. Our aim is that you can apply what we teach you to any situation and justify your solution to your peers, management, or clients (yes, we welcome SQL Server consultants in our classes).
As well as optimization techniques, this course will also help with design and architecture so you can prevent performance and scalability problems from happening. The cores of this class are comprehensive coverage of indexing and statistics strategies: a SQL Server workload will not perform well unless these are designed, implemented, and tuned correctly. You will also learn why and how to optimize transaction log operations, tempdb and data file configuration, transactions and isolation levels, and locking and blocking.
All these topics will be addressed on multiple fronts: how SQL Server works, implementation considerations and techniques, common problems, troubleshooting, and resolutions.
This course will cover SQL Server 2005 through SQL Server 2014, and is essential for all SQL Server developers, DBAs, and architects. We will answer all your questions, to whatever depth you want to go.
Please note: demos will vary between versions and questions can be answered on any releases from SQL Server 2000 through the current release. And, if you’re a glutton for punishment and have even older versions, feel free to ask questions about any version ever released – someone on the team can probably answer it!
For a detailed agenda click HERE.
If you need help justifying training to your organization, we can help you:
- Letter to your boss explaining why SQLskills training is worthwhile
- Community blog posts about our classes
- Immersion Event FAQ
- Class will run from 8:30am-5:45pm Monday through Thursday and 8:30am-5:00pm on Friday.
- Detailed agenda:
- 7:45am Breakfast
- 8:30am Class begins
- 9:45am 15-minute break
- 11:15am 15 minute break
- 12:30pm Lunch break (lunch is provided as part of the class)
- 1:30pm Class resumes
- 2:45pm 15-minute break with dessert
- 4:15pm 15-minute break
- 5:45pm Class ends (5:00pm on Friday)
- For those of you planning air travel and departure times after the class completion on Friday: we do end at 5:00pm on Friday and we use every minute of that schedule, and often we run a few minutes over. For most deliveries we end between 5:00pm and 5:15pm. This depends on questions and we often push out the 5:45pm endings earlier in the week if things are running behind but I can honestly say that we’ve never ended early. Our general recommendation is for you to purchase tickets with departures no earlier than 8:00pm. However, each city/location may be a little different. Consider contacting the hotel (or the hotel’s website) for more specific insight into travel times and specific travel options to the airport.
- Monday evening: “Meet-n-Greet” in the bar. We’ll open a tab and pick up the first round so we can get to know each other better and wind down from day 1.
- You will receive printed materials for all of the lecture content. Additionally, after the event ends, we will provide all possible classroom demo content and electronic whiteboard slides on our website as a zip file.
- Also included in your registration fee are coffee, breakfast, snacks and lunch. On the registration page, please let us know if you are vegetarian (other dietary requirements are your own responsibility).
- Class size is limited to 42 students.
- The Immersion Event will be held in the Marriott in Kensington (London).
- This hotel is well placed for transport and tourism in London.
- The hotel rate is listed as 189 GBP for single occupancy (226.8 GBP with VAT). NOTE: This rate ends April 1st and we cannot add rooms at the special rate after that. Please book your hotel as early as possible.
- Link to book your hotel room is here.
- The hotel rate includes:
- Wireless internet access during class (it’s pretty good, but don’t expect to stream movies or quickly download very large files)
- Full English breakfast every day
- Please note that we are unable to provide assistance with hotel and travel arrangements.
- Full price for the Immersion Event is US$3,995 [approx 2,635 GBP] plus VAT where required.
- Early-bird rate is US$3,495 [approx 2,300 GBP] plus VAT where required, for registrations received before midnight PST Friday 29th April, 2016
- Important: VAT Since we are a US supplier we are categorized as a reverse charge supplier for all UK businesses.
- For UK businesses, you must self-account for the VAT charge; if your country is listed as UK, we will NOT charge VAT and you will be directed to online credit card/wire transfer processing for your payment at the time of registration.
- If you are outside of the UK, we must charge VAT. The VAT rate is 20%. For non-UK businesses, we will send you a VAT invoice, with our VAT number included.
- For all credit card charges, you will be charged in US$ (with VAT, if applicable) and your credit card statement will reflect the charge in your home currency. If you are paying VAT an invoice will be sent to you with your payment details in GBP – conversion from US$ to GBP done on the day of credit card processing.
- Any discount code entered (for instance, for past attendees) will be reflected in the price during registration.
- For general discount information please see the F.A.Q.
Special Pricing Options!
- Past attendee price: If you’ve attended an Immersion Event in the past, you can register any time for US$3,195 [approx 2,100 GBP] plus VAT where required. Please contact us for instructions.
- Cancellations prior to May 2nd, 2016: fully-refunded minus $250 administration fee and 5% credit-card processing charges, where applicable.
- Cancellations from May 2nd, 2016 to May 29th, 2016 inclusive (PST): 50% cancellation charge.
- Cancellations on or after May 30th, 2016 (PST): 100% cancellation charge.
- Registrations can be transferred to a colleague to attend this class.
Click HERE to go to our events registration page.
If you have any questions, please contact us.