IEPTO1: Immersion Event on Performance Tuning and Optimization – Part 1
Live Online: October 5-9 plus 12-16, 2020
This 3/400-level SQL Server training class is part one of our two-part, comprehensive training program on SQL Server performance tuning and optimization (with IEPTO2 being the second half). Each course stands alone, but we recommend taking Part 1 before Part 2 as more than 90% of people who attend IEPTO2 first then go back and take IEPTO1.
This class will give you a wealth of practical optimization techniques that you can put into production as soon as you return to work and we ensure you understand *why* and *how* a technique works rather than just what the technique is. This usually means we will explain how SQL Server works internally while discussing a specific topic. Our aim is that you can apply what we teach you to any situation and justify your solution to your peers, management, or clients (yes, we welcome SQL Server consultants in our classes).
As well as optimization techniques, this course will also help with design and architecture so you can prevent performance and scalability problems from happening. The cores of this class are comprehensive coverage of indexing and statistics strategies: a SQL Server workload will not perform well unless these are designed, implemented, and tuned correctly. You will also learn why and how to optimize transaction log operations, tempdb and data file configuration, transactions and isolation levels, and locking and blocking.
All these topics will be addressed on multiple fronts: how SQL Server works, implementation considerations and techniques, common problems, troubleshooting, and resolutions.
This course will cover SQL Server 2005 through SQL Server 2019, and is essential for all SQL Server developers, DBAs, and architects. We will answer all your questions, to whatever depth you want to go.
Please note: demos will vary between versions and questions can be answered on any version.
This class is delivered live via online streaming over ten half-days so you can still get work done during your day!
For a detailed agenda click HERE.
If you need help justifying training to your organization, we can help you:
- Letter to your boss explaining why SQLskills training is worthwhile
- Community blog posts about our classes
- Immersion Event FAQ
Quotes From Past Attendees:
Listed below are some verbatim quotes from recent attendees of this class:
- “Amazing learning experience! Having followed SQLskills from afar while developing my SQL Server knowledge, it was eye-opening to learn from Paul and Kimberly in person.”
- “In 20 years of database administration, best performance training I have ever had!”
- “Always the best – Paul and Kimberly, you both rock!”
- “I was a better DBA after the first day!”
- “I loved how all the topics built on top of one another. At the end, I was able to the entire picture. This was the most informative class I have EVER had. Thank you!”
- “I really admire your team approach and enjoyed the different presentation styles.”
- “By far the most useful and educational training I have attended. Aside from the material covered, which was well organized, the discussions and Q&A information was great.”
- “It’s not every day I get to meet experts in the industry. Truly, both of you are gifted with amazing teaching skills.”
- “Immediately applicable information gained, already discussing with those in the office while at training.”
- “No other course I have taken has even come close to matching the knowledge I have gained this week.”
- “Both of you approach these topics with genuine enthusiasm – thank you!”
- “Lots of good material – I would love to take another course with SQLskills (I’d even get a lot of value from repeating this same course!)”
- “Excellent course. I consider myself to be lucky to have attended course presented by the ‘best’ in the world. Not only you guys are extremely knowledgeable, but had the ability to break it down.”
- “This was the first course where I was made to feel extremely welcomed, just as a person or guest when they come for a visit. Thank you for your time and effort in making this a great valuable experience.”
- “This was the most unique and amazing course I’ve ever attended. It’s not often that you get the opportunity to learn from two individuals who are so knowledgeable, friendly, and truly *care* that you understand the material. Thank you both so much!”
- “Your overall training methodology is wonderful, and you both are very easy to talk to and ask questions. The training dynamic between you is awesome as it makes training productive but enjoyable.”
- “The difference of knowing how to cook in your own kitchen and then being taught how to be a chef in a 5-star restaurant.”
- “Fantastic knowledge provided by Paul and Kimberly. Answered all of my questions, whether it was high or low level. No arrogance. Paul and Kimberly are very enthusiastic and want to share their knowledge with a genuine and professional approach.”
- “Could we make IEPTO1 mandatory for our application vendors?”
- “Excellent. Mind blown. Can’t wait to take another SQLskills class.”
- “Great course! Impressive scope and depth of knowledge, very well delivered with real-world examples and practical takeaways.”
- The class will be streamed live through ten WebEx meetings and you will receive an email invitation to the meetings a few days before the class. You will be prompted to download the streaming application when connecting to the first meeting. Note: your name may appear on the participant list in the event recordings.
- Class will be spread over ten half-days, from Monday, October 5th, 2020 through Friday, October 9th, 2020, and then from Monday, October 12th, 2020 through Friday, October 16th, 2020.
- Detailed agenda for each day (all times are in Pacific Daylight Time)
- 9am to 10:30am: morning session
- 10:30am to 11am: morning Q&A
- 11am to 11:30am: break
- 11:30am to 1pm: afternoon session
- 1pm to 2pm: afternoon Q&A
- You will receive a PDF of the lecture content. Additionally, after the event ends, we will provide all possible demo content and any electronic whiteboard slides on our website as a zip file.
- The class will be recorded and you will receive access to the recordings, including all audio and video.
- Full price for the Immersion Event is US$3,995.
- Past attendee price: If you’ve attended an Immersion Event in the past, you can register for the early bird price of US$3,495. Please contact us for instructions.
- Any discount code entered (for instance, for past attendees) will be reflected in the price during registration.
- For general discount information please see the F.A.Q.
- Your class registration can only be canceled up to 1 calendar week before the day the class begins, and the cost will be refunded minus a US$250 administration fee (and 5% credit-card processing charges, where applicable).
- Registrations can be transferred to a colleague to attend the class, up to one day prior to the first meeting and at no cost, as long as we are notified of the new attendee’s name.
- A no-show registration (the attendee does not attend the class) is not eligible for a transfer or refund.
Click HERE to go to our events registration page, and please make sure to select the correct class from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
If you have any questions, please contact us.