IEQUERY: Immersion Event on Fixing Slow Queries, Inefficient Code, and Caching/Statistics Problems
Live Online: October 23-25, 2018
This 100-300 level, live, online training course will give anyone that works with SQL Server a better understanding of how to analyze and troubleshoot poor query performance. The first problem people tend to have is understanding where to find performance data and how to evaluate a query’s plan. To understand this better, Erin will spend the first day showing how to capture query information, and then how to evaluate, understand, and analyze the many aspects of a plan’s performance. But, what is the real problem? Is it caching? Is it inefficient code? Is it statistics? On the second day, Jonathan will focus on common but ineffective query patterns that lead to performance problems as well as better solutions to handling them. And finally, on the last day, Kimberly will show you how to tell if your query problems are because of caching problems or because of statistics.
With techniques to determine your query’s actual problem and the many possible solutions for solving them, if you work with SQL Server in almost any capacity but just don’t know how to dig into query performance – this class is for you! And, while there are still other potential problems that can occur, dedicating only 3 half-days of your time for 9 hours of lecture and up to 4.5 hours of open Q&A, this is an amazing ROI while you can still get work done during your day! Spend some time with us so that we can help you tackle many of the most common and problematic scenarios that often plague SQL Server systems.
This class is delivered live via online streaming.
For a detailed agenda click HERE.
If you need help justifying training to your organization, we can help you:
- Letter to your boss explaining why SQLskills training is worthwhile
- Community blog posts about our classes
Select Quotes From Past Attendees of Erin’s/Jon’s/Kimberly’s Online Classes
- “Extremely pleased with the course. FAR exceeded my expectations.”
- “Well worth the time and expense to attend. Would highly recommend this to others.”
- “Great course – very informative – very great instructors – I am sure to be back!”
- “Great course. Good new info for me, plus refresher on other info. Thanks!”
- “Both Erin and Jon have a vast knowledge of not only SQL Server & tools, but also effective presentation.”
- “Thanks for taking the time to better my knowledge of SQL and allow me to better my career.”
- “Kimberly is incredibly knowledgeable and was able to adapt the techniques to all the different scenarios presented to her.”
- “Great course. I could hear clearly, the content was relevant to current day problems, and provided clear instruction.”
- “SLIGHTLY prefer the classroom option, but attendance to a location can be very hard to manage and therefore WebEx is a VERY, VERY good alternative. I didn’t think it would be, but I’m definitely sold.” – Kevin Urquhart, UK
- “Loved the online aspect. It felt like I was there with the question ability and having the questions just answered right there. I felt I had a voice and could ask anything and the ability to watch it later made it totally worth the registration.”
- “I really enjoyed the ability to ask questions as the course went along so that I didn’t forget what I wanted to ask while you were teaching. This allowed for questions to come through and class to continue until a good stopping point to answer the questions. Plus having the questions written from other attendees was nice for future reference instead of trying to remember from an in-person class discussion.”
- “Kimberly, I have to tell you that you are hands down the finest educator I have ever met. Your dynamic personality, combined with your depth of knowledge, and passion to fully understand the subject matter are unmatched, in my experience. I feel truly privileged to have had the opportunity to learn from you again and again. You really DO make learning fun. Thank you!” – Mike Petri, USA
- The class will be streamed live through three WebEx meetings and you will receive an email invitation to the WebEx meetings during the week before the class. You will be prompted to download the WebEx application when connecting to the first meeting. Note: your name will appear on the WebEx participant list in the event recordings.
- Class will be spread over three days, from Tuesday, October 23rd, 2018 through Thursday, October 25th, 2018.
- Detailed agenda for each day (all times are in Pacific Standard Time)
- 10am to 11:30am: morning session
- 11:30am to 12pm: morning Q&A
- 12pm to 12:30pm: break
- 12:30pm to 2pm: afternoon session
- 2pm to 3pm: afternoon Q&A
- You will receive a PDF of the lecture content. Additionally, after the event ends, we will provide all possible demo content and any electronic whiteboard slides on our website as a zip file.
- The class will be recorded and you will receive streaming access to the recordings for six months, including all audio and video, plus the chat window questions in real-time.
- Full price for this online Immersion Event is US$699.
- Past attendee price: If you’ve attended an Immersion Event in the past, you can register any time for US$599. Please contact us for instructions.
- Your class registration can only be canceled up to 1 calendar week before the day the class begins, and the cost will be refunded minus a US$50 administration fee (and 5% credit-card processing charges).
- Registrations can be transferred to a colleague to attend the class, up to one day prior to the first WebEx meeting and at no cost, as long as we are notified of the new attendee’s name.
- A no-show registration (the attendee does not attend the class) is not eligible for a transfer or refund.
Click HERE to go to our events registration page, and please make sure to select the correct class from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
If you have any questions, please contact us.